WHAT IS THE ADDRESS/CONTACT INFO FOR THE RUMBLING BALD RESORT?
Rumbling Bald Resort is located at 112 Mountains Blvd., Lake Lure, NC 28746.
Lake Lure is easily accessed from Interstates 85, 40, and 26. For driving directions from a specific location please contact us at email@example.com, or call us at 828.694.3015.
After hours, please contact security at 828.694.3046.
WHAT AIRPORT SHOULD WE FLY INTO?
The closest airport to the resort is the Asheville Regional airport, located 11 miles from Asheville. Directions to the resort from the airport are as following:
– From Asheville and points west, drive east on I-26 E towards Hendersonville/Spartanburg.
– Take Exit 67 right onto US 74 E towards Columbus/Rutherfordton.
– Follow US 74 for 5 miles and take Exit 167 Hwy. 9 toward Lake Lure/Mill Spring.
– Turn left onto Hwy. 9 and go 9 miles until the road merges with Hwy 64/74 A at Lake Lure, just passed the Ingles Supermarket
– Turn right onto US Hwy. 64/74 A, toward Rutherfordton, and proceed 2.5 miles to Bills Creek Rd. (NOTE: Ignore it if your GPS says to turn onto Buffalo Shoals Rd.—you will get here, but it will take longer.)
– Turn left on Bills Creek Road (#1008) just passed the small bridge over the Rocky Broad River.
– Proceed 2 miles uphill on Bills Creek Rd.
– Turn left on Buffalo Creek Road (across from Dalton’s General Store) and proceed 2.3 miles, going passed the entrance for Apple Valley Golf Course and Luna Del Sol Restaurant.
– Turn right at the Rumbling Bald Resort and Wyndham at Fairfield Mountains signs, cross the small bridge, and make an immediate left turn to enter the security gate. Rumbling Bald Resort’s Guest Registration and Guest Services are located in the lobby of Lakeview Restaurant, the first building on the left passed the security gate.
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE VILLAS?
All villas include:
- Automatic Coffee Maker
- A Microwave Oven
- A Small Refrigerator
- Hair Dryer
- Telephone with local calling plan (minimum 1 in kitchen)
- Alarm clock in each bedroom
- Radio/CD player for entertainment
- Iron/Ironing Board (and washer/dryer)
Furthermore, Rumbling Bald Resort provides guests with fresh linens for the bedrooms, bathrooms and kitchen. Housekeeping and towel service are not provided on a daily basis but may be requested for an additional charge.
WHAT TYPE OF BEDDING ARRANGEMENTS ARE AVAILABLE?
The number and choices of bedding vary with each unit and we will be glad to walk through the available choices. Each unit includes quality mattresses and a box spring, pillows, and professionally laundered linens, blankets and bed spreads.
ARE THE VILLAS WITHIN WALKIG DISTANCE TO EACH OTHER AND THE CLUB HOUSE?
All villas are within walking distance to resort amenities (wellness center, lake, boating, tennis, golf course and walking trail) and to each other.
ARE THE VILLAS HANDICAP ACCESSIBLE?
Since the villas are privately owned, not all units are handicap accessible. Please let us know in advance if you have specific needs, and we will check with the management to see what we can arrange.
IS THERE INTERNET ACCESS?
Yes. There is WiFi in all condos.
WHAT SHOULD I BRING?
In addition to bringing comfortable clothing and walking shoes, please bring a small umbrella. We also recommend that you bring an iPod or laptop so you can access the on-line “Plant-Based Cooking Summit” binder, providing readings and recipes for the cooking classes.
WHAT SHOULD I DO TO PREPARE FOR THE TRIP?
Before departing, we would like all participants to view the documentary Forks Over Knives. This can be found on Netflix. We also encourage you to read The China Study, and bring it with you.
WHAT IS THE CANCELLATION POLICY?
Reservations are final, however they are transferable. Please contact us for more details in the event you need to transfer your “Plant Based Cooking Summit” reservation.